Translate

Search This Blog

Friday, October 24, 2014

Autumn Fires

Fall is my favorite season. Something about the slowing down of this season has always put my hyper-active soul at a quiet pace. I wanted to share my favorite fall poem with you. Since I am a homeschool mom I made all my children memorize this cute poem. They were grateful it was an easy one!

The view from my back deck.
Autumn Fires

In the other gardens
And all up the vale,
From the autumn bonfires
See the smoke trail!

Pleasant summer over
And all the summer flowers,
The red fire blazes,
The gray smoke towers.

Sing a song of season!
Something bright in all!
Flowers in the summer,
Fires in the fall!

Robert Louis Stevenson

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful colorful view from your backyard. Love it! Poems' great, too!

    ReplyDelete