Translate

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 5, 2015

New Arrivals!

Artica and Blizzard
I awoke this morning to two surprises. #1. More Snow #2. Baby Goats. Yes, I did know that my dam was very close to deliver. We put her in the birthing stall and checked on her numerous times yesterday and into the night. Violet is my best goat for delivering. She likes to be alone and she always gives me healthy twins. She is also a great mom. 


No amount of snow would
keep us from seeing our new kids.
So this morning we shoveled our way, once again, to the barn. My son Donovan was the first to find them. He came running out . . ."Violet had her kids .  . . hurry". We all pleasantly ran through the mounds of snow to the barn. No amount of snow would keep us from seeing our new kids. I brought molasses mixed with warm water for the hardworking mom. My daughters ran for the little goat coats and my other son ran for his camera. Great job everyone and Violet and her kids are doing wonderful!
The boys wondering
what all the excitement
is about . . . proud Daddy
in the middle!



Violet - The Proud Mommy



Blizzard the buckling (boy).
Mommy giving kisses.


Showing off their coats.





Snuggle time.

I love baby goats.




No comments:

Post a Comment