Translate

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Un-molding and Cutting Soap on Tuesdays

Beautiful Honey Oat soap in a silicon loaf mold.
I have already removed the plastic wrap I had covering it.
 In an earlier post I showed you how soap is actually made. After the process and pouring into the molds you have to let it sit for at least 24 hours (sometimes longer due to humidity).

After the soap has set you must remove it from the mold and cut it into the bars we all know and love. The bars must then be set on shelves to cure for 4 - 6 weeks. Here are some pics of the process.
I love the silicon molds it makes it easier to remove.

Lovely.
I have to be very careful because I usually cut crooked.
I am saving up for a mitre.

Here I am unwrapping the Pringle can mold.
The calories were worth it . . . the soap is so pretty.
I just love how this looks. Don't you?
A crinkle cutter for some added texture.
It adds just the right touch to this soap.
Here I am putting them on a wire rack to cure. 
Here they stay for 1 week.
 I flip them each week and move
them down a row on my rack each week.
Remember they must cure for 4-6 weeks.






















Let me know 
what you think.



Do you think soap making 
is something you might try?




These soaps have been curing for about 3 1/2 weeks.
They are almost ready for sale or use.

1 comment: